What to Wear to Kings Dominion? | Easily Explained
Dressing incorrectly for any theme park can negatively affect your experience for an entire day.
This is why in this page we will explain how to dress for Kings Dominion along with the reasons why these are the best options.
Table of Contents
What to Wear and Bring
First and foremost, you'll want to dress comfortably but with a hint of athleticism. You will not want to dress so comfortably that you're in pajamas, or so dressed up in a business attire.
- Nylon shorts
- Short sleeve athletic compression shirt/dry fit shirt
- Walking/running shoes
- Spare change of clothes
Wearing athletic but comfortable clothes, will keep you light in the sun during your long visit.
Wearing walking/running shoes will ensure that your feet will not hurt during your visit (you will walk a lot), to avoid having to cut your visit short.
If Planning to Visit Soak City on the Same Day
- Bathing Suit
You can find more information on Soak City attire rules here.
Items to Avoid
- Cotton T-shirts, as they tend to take a long time to dry in the humidity, sweat, and water rides
Kings Dominion Attire Rules
According to the Kings Dominion FAQ, these are the attire policies:
- Clothing with offensive language, obscene gestures/graphics, or nudity or clothing that does not sufficiently cover undergarments is not allowed
- Family-oriented themed outfits/attire are permitted. Attire must not represent or resemble any official Park character, disrupt regular company operations, or potentially harm another guest or associate.
- Attire and accessories must meet Code of Conduct dress requirements and may not be offensive or violent and may not disrupt the general safety of guests or associates.
- Guests wearing character themed outfits may not sign autographs for other guests or represent themselves as a park associate.
- Costumes that conceal identity are prohibited.
- Rides and attractions may also have additional restrictions on dress attire.
- Themed outfits/attire may be prohibited during evening Halloween events.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are There Towels at Kings Dominion?
Towels are available on a first-come, first-served basis, but guests are also allowed to bring their own towels. However, if a visitor rents a cabana, a certain amount of towels will be guaranteed per cabana. The number of towels depends on which cabana type of cabana is rented.
Can You Dress Up at Kings Dominion?
You are able to dress up at Kings Dominion most of the year, however the outfit cannot be similar to any official park character, or conceal a visitor's identity. Costumes are not allowed during Halloween events, as that could cause confusion among both guests and employees.