Is Kings Dominion's Preferred Parking Worth it? | Explained
Kings Dominion offers parking options with more benefits than a normal parking pass.
In this page, we will explain what Preferred parking is, and weigh the pros and cons to help you see if it will be worth it for you.
What is Preferred Parking?
Preferred Parking at Kings Dominion allows guests to park closer to the entrance at an additional cost of $10, $35 in total.
For a few bucks more than general parking, guests will be able to experience a much smoother experience entering/leaving the park, and loading/unloading their belongings.
It is one pass per vehicle, if you have a family packed into two separate vehicles, each vehicle would need to purchase the pass.
When to Buy Preferred Parking
- If you're not planning on arriving at the park early and don't mind spending a few additional bucks to get closer to the park
- If you have a lot of belongings that you have to carry to the park
- If you want to minimize walking (Most guests don't consider walking back to their cars after an entire day of walking)
- If you are visiting the park on a weekend (or crowded day)
When to Not Buy Preferred Parking
- If you plan on arriving early to the park, it may not be worth it as you'll be able to get a close spot
- If you're visiting on a slow day (Typically weekdays)
If you're an early riser or plan to be there right before the park opens (or even before), you'll be able to skip purchasing a Preferred Parking pass as you'll be one of the first let in to park.
This would allow you to park very comparably close without needing to pay for the pass itself.
Where to Buy Preferred Parking
You can purchase a Preferred Parking pass directly from the Kings Dominion website.
Best Kings Dominion Tips That You Can't Miss
Best Day to Go to Kings Dominion
What to Wear to Kings Dominion
Does Kings Dominion Close When it Rains?
Kings Dominion's Season Pass: Everything You Need to Know