Is Kings Dominion's Preferred Parking Worth it? | Explained
Kings Dominion has parking options that are more expensive than general parking.
In this page, we will explain what Preferred parking is, and weigh the pros and cons to help you see if it will be worth it for you.
What is Preferred Parking?
Preferred Parking allows guests to park closer to the entrance at an additional cost of $10, $35 in total.
For a few bucks more than general parking, guests will be able to experience a much smoother experience entering/leaving the park, and loading/unloading their belongings.
It is one pass per vehicle, if you have a family packed into two separate vehicles, each vehicle would need to purchase the pass.
When to Buy Preferred Parking
- If you're not planning on arriving to the park early and don't mind spending a few additional bucks to get closer to the park
- If you have a lot of belongings that you have to carry to the park
- If you want to minimize walking (Most guests don't consider walking back to their cars after an entire day of walking)
- If you are visiting the park on a weekend (or crowded day)
When to Not Buy Preferred Parking
- If you plan on arriving early to the park, it may not be worth it as you'll be able to get a close spot
- If you're visiting on a slow day (Typically weekdays)
If you're an early riser or plan to be there right before the park opens (or even before), you'll be able to skip purchasing a Preferred Parking pass as you'll be one of the first let in to park.
This would allow you to park very comparably close without needing to pay for the pass itself.
Where to Buy Preferred Parking
You can purchase a Preferred Parking pass directly from the Kings Dominion website.