Is Universal Studios Open On Thanksgiving? | Holiday Travel Tips
When most of the country closes up for the Thanksgiving holiday it's common to wonder if theme parks like Universal Studios Florida and Universal Studios Hollywood also close their doors.
In this guide, we'll explain if both Universal Studios Hollywood and Florida stay open on Thanksgiving day, as well as some Thanksgiving holiday travel tips to keep in mind!
Questions We'll Answer About Universal Studios:
- Is Universal Studios Hollywood Open On Thanksgiving?
- Is Universal Studios Florida Open On Thanksgiving?
- Thanksgiving Theme Park Tips!
Is Universal Studios Hollywood Open On Thanksgiving?
Universal Studios Hollywood is open everyday of the year including on Thanksgiving day.
In fact, Thanksgiving day is one of the busiest days of the year to visit Universal Studios Hollywood and operating hours are typically longer than usual to accommodate the extra crowds.
It's easy to think that most people would rather be at home enjoying their Thanksgiving dinner, but the truth is many people are looking for a fun getaway during their Thanksgiving break.
Universal Studios Hollywood has become undoubtedly a very popular destination this time of year.
Is Universal Studios Florida Open on Thanksgiving?
Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay are open on Thanksgiving day.
Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are open everyday of the year while Volcano Bay will typically be open, but if the weather is too cold then there is a chance the waterpark does not open.
Orlando is one of the most popular Thanksgiving vacation destinations in the country and you definitely see this is true when visiting Universal Studios on Thanksgiving.
Wait times during this time of year at Universal tend to be some of the longest you'll see all year and ticket prices are also elevated to match demand.
Not only is Universal Studios open on Thanksgiving, many of the resorts on Universal property will be serving Thanksgiving dinner to celebrate the holiday.
If you're interested in having a traditional Thanksgiving feast at one of the Universal hotels be sure to make a reservation in advance as these restaurants tend to book up quickly!
Universal also celebrates Thanksgiving (and Christmas) with Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s.
This parade features enormous character balloons similar to the ones seen at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade as well as themed floats and lots of character appearances.
Thanksgiving Theme Park Tips!
Thanksgiving is one of the most popular days of the year to visit Universal Studios, so planning ahead is key.
Below we have some of our favorite tips to save time and money on your Thanksgiving visit to Universal.
- Reserve Dinner In Advance: As mentioned earlier in the article, Thanksgiving dinner at Universal books up quick! If you’re looking for a traditional turkey dinner then make sure to make your dinner reservation a few weeks in advance at the latest.
- Purchase Your Tickets Online: Don't wait to purchase your tickets at the front gate of Universal Studios as you'll spend valuable time waiting in often lengthy lines. Purchase your tickets for Universal Studios Florida or Universal Studios Hollywood in advance online and save some money along the way!
- Arrive Early and Stay Late: Crowds are often the lowest first thing in the morning and late at night. If you can get to the park early you might be able to hit some of the most popular attractions before lengthy wait times being to build. Crowds will also start to dwindle as it gets later in the evening, so you'll have another opportunity at shorter wait times at night (typically after 8PM).
- Consider Express Pass: Wait times for the most attractions can easily stretch for two hours or more on Thanksgiving. If you're willing to spend some extra cash then Express Pass is the way to go as you'll wait a fraction of the time you would in the general lines.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE HOLIDAYS AT THEME PARKS