What Is Disneyland's Stroller Policy? | 2023 Rules & Tips
Deciding whether or not to bring your stroller to Disneyland is a big decision that will largely rest on knowing Disneyland's stroller policy and rules.
This stroller guide details Disneyland's rules and policies around strollers and some helpful hints on whether or not you should bring your stroller, or just rent one at the parks.
Questions We'll Answer About Disneyland's Stroller Policy:
- Can You Bring Your Own Stroller Into Disneyland?
- What Is Disneyland's Stroller Policy?
- What Types Of Strollers Are Not Allowed At Disneyland?
Can You Bring Your Own Stroller Into Disneyland?
Disneyland wants to be sure your children feel comfortable throughout the day at the park and that parents have as stress-free of a day as possible.
To help with this, Disneyland does allow you to bring your stroller into both Disneyland and California Adventure.
However, there are certain rules around what is classified as a "stroller" and requirements around sizes you should be aware of before bringing any stroller to Disneyland.
In the next section, we go into detail about Disneyland's stroller policy.
Looking for recommendations on what stroller to purchase for your trip to Disney? Check out our Best Strollers For Disney Guide!
What Is Disneyland's Stroller Policy?
There are only two major rules you need to keep in mind before bringing your stroller to Disneyland.
- Strollers cannot be larger than 31" (79 cm) x 52" (132 cm). This is regardless of how many children you have - you may need to bring multiple strollers!
- Wagons and "stroller wagons" are not allowed.
This policy pertains to all of the Disneyland Resort which includes Disneyland Park, California Adventure, and Downtown Disneyland.
While these are the only rules that apply to bringing your stroller into Disneyland, there are a few other general rules to keep in mind while using your stroller at Disneyland.
- Cast Members are allowed to move your stroller at any time. If you leave your stroller somewhere, you may find it somewhere else. Cast members will move strollers to clear paths and other safety-related reasons.
- Strollers are not allowed on any escalators. You will need to find an elevator or ramp as an alternative path.
- If you plan on using the parking lot tram then your child must be removed from the stroller.
- Strollers are not allowed on any rides.
TIP: Foldable strollers will save you a lot of hassle when trying to board the parking lot tram. Many strollers will not fit on the tram unless they can fold up.
What Types Of Strollers Are Not Allowed At Disneyland?
Wagons and "wagon style" strollers (as pictured below) are not allowed anywhere at the Disneyland Resort.
This includes Disneyland Park, Downtown Disneyland, and California Adventure.
Even if you don't intend to visit the theme parks and just want to visit Downtown Disneyland you aren't going to bring these strollers into the park.
The only exception to these rules is when oversized or wagon strollers are approved by Disney for medical purposes, often known as "Strollers Used As Wheelchairs".