Is Carowinds a Cashless Park? | Know Before You Go
In recent years, many businesses have changed the way they operate to minimize contact.
In this guide, we will explain the different types of payment options that this park offers, and whether or not Carowinds takes cash.
Is Carowinds Cashless?
Carowinds does not accept cash as the park has made a transition for guests to use cashless payment options.
Guests will be able to use a 'Cash-to-Card Ready Station Kiosk' to load their cash into a pre-paid card that they will then be able to immediately use.
These cards can be used both at the park and outside of the park, anywhere in the United States where VISA is accepted.
HOW DOES CASH TO CARD KIOSK WORK?
The Cash to Card Kiosk allows guests to transfer the cash that they have in hand, to a prepaid card.
The prepaid card will allow them to use their money everywhere in the park.
Unlike an ATM, where customers have to pay a fee to use it, there are no fees to convert your money to a prepaid card.
However it's important to know that these prepaid cards are not reloadable, and if there is still leftover money on the card after 92 consecutive days, a $3.95 fee will be charged monthly.
Where Are the Cash-to-Card Kiosks Located?
There are multiple Ready Station kiosk locations throughout the park including:
- Directly on the left after passing the North Gate
- To the right of the Arcade & Prize Center
- Starbucks in Celebration Plaza to the right of FunPix Photo Memories
- In Harmony Hall to the right of the Intimidator ride
- Directly on the left after entering the Carolina Harbor entrance (that faces Carowinds)
- Straight ahead after entering the Carolina Harbor entrance that faces the parking lot
There is also a Ready Station kiosk that can be found at Camp Wilderness.
Minimum and Maximum Amount Allowed on the Card
How to Check the Balance of My Card
- At the kiosk
- Online at RCbalance.com
- Calling the phone number that's on the back of the card
Other than the prepaid cards, Six Flags also accepts the following as payment at the park:
- American Express
- Most Debit Cards
- Apple Pay
- Google Pay