What to Wear to Universal Studios | Explained
Dressing incorrectly for any theme park can prove to be costly and affect your experience for an entire day.
This is why in this page we will explain what to wear to Universal Studios along with the reasons why these are the most common options with visitors.
Table of Contents
What to Wear & Bring to Universal Studios
First and foremost, you'll want to dress comfortably but with a hint of athleticism. Dress as you would for a long walk, as chances are that you're going be doing a lot of walking.
- Nylon shorts or khaki shorts (You'll want to avoid jeans)
- Short sleeve athletic compression shirt/dry fit shirt
- Walking/running shoes
- Spare change of clothes
Wearing athletic but comfortable clothes, will keep you light in the sun during your long visit.
Wearing walking/running shoes will ensure that your feet will not hurt during your visit (you will walk a lot), to avoid having to cut your visit short.
Florida Afternoon Showers
Florida is known for its afternoon showers especially around the summer time, which makes bringing a poncho or an umbrella a must.
A spare change of clothes is nice to have to change into something less sweaty (and stinky) after a long day at the park, or to change into if you were caught in the rain showers!
Either way, it comes in very handy.
Items to Avoid
Cotton T-shirts, as they tend to take a long time to dry in the humidity, sweat, and water rides
Wearing a Costume
If you plan on visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, there's a chance that you may want to dress up like your favorite Harry Potter character.
- No costume masks & weapons are allowed, and you may not dress like a Universal team member. You are able to wear a robe at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
- No costumes are allowed during Halloween Horror Nights
Universal Studios Clothing Policies
Familiarizing yourself with the Universal Studios clothing policies will save you many potential headaches.
Some of the most notable restrictions include:
- Clothing likely to create a danger, incite a disturbance or displaying offensive language or content
- Clothing or accessories that represent someone as emergency personnel or that may create a false impression of employment by Universal