Magic Kingdom Hub | Fun Facts + What's The Big Deal?
The Magic Kingdom Hub is a very important location to the design of Magic Kingdom, despite never being marked on a map or recognized in most ways.
In this Magic Kingdom Hub Guide, we'll cover everything you should know about the hub, as well as some fun facts and explain the obscure love the Magic Kingdom Hub has gotten over the years!
Questions We'll Answer About The Magic Kingdom Hub:
- What Is The Magic Kingdom Hub?
- Where Is The Magic Kingdom Hub?
- What is Hub Grass? (...and what's the big deal?)
- Fun Facts About The Magic Kingdom Hub!
What Is The Magic Kingdom Hub?
The Magic Kingdom Hub is known as a central point in the park before Magic Kingdom branches out into its famous themed lands (Fantasyland, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, etc.)
You can think of this as a bicycle wheel where all of the tiny metal bars (spokes) intersect at the middle of the wheel at what typically looks like a metal cap (hub).
The name Hub comes from what's known as the Hub-Spoke distribution model.
Simply put, spokes are the paths that extend out from a central meeting point, known as a Hub.
While the themed lands of the Magic Kingdom are not all directly connected to each other, the themed lands are almost all connected to the Magic Kingdom Hub.
It's a very open, circular area that's popular for fireworks and parade viewing, as well as a meeting point for friends and family before heading off to experience the attractions of Magic Kingdom.
Where Is The Magic Kingdom Hub?
While the Magic Kingdom Hub is a critical component of the park's layout - you won't find it clearly labeled on any maps (though it's not hard to figure out!).
We've taken the guess work out of this for you and have identified the Magic Kingdom Hub in the map below.
The Magic Kingdom Hub is the area you'll walk through right after passing through Main Street U.S.A., and right in front of Cinderella's Castle.
As mentioned earlier, because of its prime location right in front of Cinderella's Castle, The Hub is very popular to watch fireworks and parades, as well as a great spot to meet up with other people.
What is Hub Grass? (...and what's the big deal?)
As silly as it sounds, the grass located in the Magic Kingdom's Hub area has gained such a cult following that it is referred to specifically as Hub Grass. The following of Hub Grass has even become popular enough to warrant a Hub Grass Fan Instagram Account.
Hub Grass is loved mostly for its picture perfect appearance and unique feel.
Because Hub Grass is actually artificial grass, it nearly always looks perfect and feels much nicer to the touch than real grass does it.
It also doesn't attract the same pests that real grass typically does, especially in Florida!
This makes Hub Grass a popular spot to sit and rest, enjoy lunch and, of course, watch fireworks.
Fun Facts About The Magic Kingdom Hub!
- Fun Fact #1: As mentioned earlier in the article, the grass you see throughout the hub is artificial! The trees and bushes are real however.
- Fun Fact #2: There are 6 pathways (spokes) that lead in/out of the Magic Kingdom Hub leading to: Adventureland, Fantasyland, Cinderella's Castle, Main Street USA and two paths into Tomorrowland.
- Fun Fact #3: Many of the castle towers you see throughout the Magic Kingdom Hub actually hide sound systems and projection mapping technology seen during parades and firework shows!
- Fun Fact #4: Not only is the Magic Kingdom Hub a central point for visitors of them theme park, it's also a central point for the secret underground tunnel system used by Magic Kingdom cast members!
Club 33 | Walt Disney World Locations Revealed!
Magic Kingdom Guide: Where To Park? | Tips & Best Spots
What Time Does The Magic Kingdom Parking Lot Open?