Is Disneyland Busy in November? | 2023 Forecast
November brings in the Thanksgiving holiday, which means kids are out of school and families flock to Disneyland, greatly impacting how busy the parks are.
However, not all of November is a busy time to visit Disneyland, and our Disneyland Crowd Guide will detail what you should expect and plan around when visiting Disneyland in November!
Questions We'll Answer About Disneyland Crowds:
- What Is The Best & Worst Time Of Year To Visit Disneyland?
- Is Disneyland Busy In November?
What Is The Best & Worst Time Of Year To Visit Disneyland?
There once were very clear "Busy Seasons" and "Off Seasons" at Disneyland where you would see extremely high crowds and then other times where the park sometimes felt empty.
However as Disneyland has become increasingly popular, and a ticket pricing structure was introduced that offers cheaper tickets if you visit during "slower periods" busyness at Disneyland has spread throughout the year.
We see less of a slow season and busy season these days (except a few weeks out of the year) and generally high crowding throughout the year, but some times are better than others to consider visiting.
While there isn't ever a bad time to visit Disneyland you may want to keep in mind some periods of the year to avoid if you have flexibility.
To optimize your visit to Disneyland, we've provided some of the best and worst times of the year to visit Disneyland:
BEST TIMES OF THE YEAR TO VISIT DISNEYLAND
- January - beginning the second week of the month and avoiding MLK weekend.
- February - all month.
- March - the first two weeks before Spring Break begins.
- May - all month.
- June - the first week before Summer Break begins.
- September - all month after Labor Day weekend.
- October - all month.
- November - the first two weeks before Thanksgiving Break begins.
- December - the first two weeks of the month before Christmas Break begins.
WORST TIMES OF THE YEAR TO VISIT DISNEYLAND
- January - The week of New Year's Day and MLK weekend. We especially recommend avoiding New Year's Day.
- March - The last two weeks of the month which kicks off Spring Break.
- April - A large number of schools are on Spring Break all month creating a lot of crowding.
- June - The first three weeks begin Summer Break for many schools. around the country, kicking off the continually busy Summer season.
- July - Most of the USA is deep into Summer Break at this point bringing many families to the parks. We recommend especially avoiding the 4th of July weekend.
- August - The first two weeks of the month are particularly busy as Summer Break is still in effect. Crowds begin to moderate substantially in the last two weeks of the month.
- September - Labor Day weekend is extremely busy and should be avoided if possible.
- November - Thanksgiving week is another extremely popular time and we recommend generally avoiding this time of year.
- December - The week of Christmas and the week following Christmas leading into New Year's Eve is one of the busiest times of the year at Disneyland.
Is Disneyland Busy In November?
November is both a great time and a very busy time to visit Disneyland depending on when in the month you'll be there.
The first two weeks of the month are generally some of the slowest weeks of the entire year at Disneyland and best of all... holiday decorations will start going up across both parks!
As we get closer to the last two weeks of November, specifically around the Thanksgiving holiday, we'll see the crowds start to significantly increase at both Disneyland and California Adventure.
Many schools across the country get a full week off for Thanksgiving, with many families using this as an opportunity to travel and visit Disneyland.
It's also a popular time of the year for California locals to take their children to Disneyland, only adding to the business.
While Thanksgiving week isn't as busy as Christmas, New Year's, or the 4th of July, it's still in the top 5 most busy times to visit Disneyland.
As a general rule of thumb, the closer you get to Thanksgiving the busier Disneyland will be meaning the beginning of November is best, and you might catch a slight break on the busyness if you visit at the very end of November as well.
Our recommendation is to visit Disneyland during the first two weeks of November and skip the rest of the month if at all possible to experience Disneyland when it's the least busy!