Is Disneyland Busy In February? | 2024 Forecast
If there is one month to experience Disneyland in its least busy state, it's likely going to be February!
While February is one of the best times to visit Disneyland, there are a few things you'll want to know about ride closures and reduced operating hours before planning your trip in February.
Questions We'll Answer About Disneyland Crowds:
- What Is The Best & Worst Time Of Year To Visit Disneyland?
- Is Disneyland Busy In February?
What Is The Best & Worst Time Of Year To Visit Disneyland?
There once were very clear "Busy Seasons" and "Off Seasons" at Disneyland where you would see extremely high crowds and then other times where the park sometimes felt empty.
However as Disneyland has become increasingly popular, and a ticket pricing structure was introduced that offers cheaper tickets if you visit during "slower periods" busyness at Disneyland has spread throughout the year.
We see less of a slow season and busy season these days (except a few weeks out of the year) and generally high crowding throughout the year, but sometimes are better than others to consider visiting.
While there isn't ever a bad time to visit Disneyland you may want to keep in mind some periods of the year to avoid if you have flexibility.
To optimize your visit to Disneyland, we've provided some of the best and worst times of the year to visit Disneyland:
BEST TIMES OF THE YEAR TO VISIT DISNEYLAND
- January - beginning the second week of the month and avoiding MLK weekend.
- February - all month.
- March - the first two weeks before Spring Break begins.
- May - all month.
- June - the first week before Summer Break begins.
- September - all month after Labor Day weekend.
- October - all month.
- November - the first two weeks before Thanksgiving Break begins.
- December - the first two weeks of the month before Christmas Break begins.
WORST TIMES OF THE YEAR TO VISIT DISNEYLAND
- January - The week of New Year's Day and MLK weekend. We especially recommend avoiding New Year's Day.
- March - The last two weeks of the month which kicks off Spring Break.
- April - A large number of schools are on Spring Break all month creating a lot of crowding.
- June - The first three weeks begin Summer Break for many schools. around the country, kicking off the continually busy Summer season.
- July - Most of the USA is deep into Summer Break at this point bringing many families to the parks. We recommend especially avoiding the 4th of July weekend.
- August - The first two weeks of the month are particularly busy as Summer Break is still in effect. Crowds begin to moderate substantially in the last two weeks of the month.
- September - Labor Day weekend is extremely busy and should be avoided if possible.
- November - Thanksgiving week is another extremely popular time and we recommend generally avoiding this time of year.
- December - The week of Christmas and the week following Christmas leading into New Year's Eve is one of the busiest times of the year at Disneyland.
Is Disneyland Busy In February?
The short answer here is... no!
February is one of the best months to visit Disneyland as falls between Winter Break for schools (in December/January) and Spring Break (March/April) and has no federal holidays!
Many vacationers will have just wrapped up their Disneyland trip in December or January or preparing to take advantage of Spring Break in the coming months.
It's truly a great time to visit Disneyland and California Adventure because there's not much of a reason for out-of-town vacationers to visit.
Weekdays at Disneyland and California Adventure during February will be especially slow as California locals will generally be taking advantage of the evenings or weekends to visit the parks.
Weekends will be noticeably busier than weekdays in February, but it'll still be quite a bit slower than weekends in any other month.
There are two downfalls to visiting in February though: reduced park operating hours and ride refurbishments.
Because February is such a slow month at Disneyland and California Adventure, it's common for the parks to close around 8 or 9 PM (as opposed to the usual 10 PM or later) because there isn't enough demand to keep the parks open this late.
So while the attractions will have lower wait times than usual, you'll have to plan around having less time to enjoy the parks.
February is also a month that sees a handful of rides close for refurbishment as Disney takes advantage of the low crowd levels to perform some routine maintenance on select attractions before the busy Spring Break and Summer months come around.
While there are typically never more than 2-3 rides closed for refurbishment at a time, it's still something to be aware of just in case a ride you were hoping to experience will be closed!
Overall, February is one of the slowest months all year to visit Disneyland and California Adventure and a fantastic time to visit if you don't mind reduced operating hours and the potential for ride closures.
February Busy Scale: 4/10