Is Disneyland Busy In March? | Spring Break Forecast
While early March can be a great time to visit Disneyland, you'll want to take into consideration the Spring Break crowds as you look later into the month!
Our Disneyland Crowd Guide will detail what to expect when visiting Disneyland in March and how to plan around what can be an extremely busy Spring Break holiday!!
Questions We'll Answer About Disneyland Crowds:
- What Is The Best & Worst Time Of Year To Visit Disneyland?
- Is Disneyland Busy In March?
What Is The Best & Worst Time Of Year To Visit Disneyland?
There once were very clear "Busy Seasons" and "Off Seasons" at Disneyland where you would see extremely high crowds and then other times where the park sometimes felt empty.
However as Disneyland has become increasingly popular, and a ticket pricing structure was introduced that offers cheaper tickets if you visit during "slower periods" busyness at Disneyland has spread throughout the year.
We see less of a slow season and busy season these days (except a few weeks out of the year) and generally high crowding throughout the year, but some times of the year are better than others to consider visiting.
While there isn't ever a bad time to visit Disneyland you may want to keep in mind some periods of the year to avoid if you have flexibility.
To optimize your visit to Disneyland, we've provided some of the best and worst times of the year to visit Disneyland:
BEST TIMES OF THE YEAR TO VISIT DISNEYLAND
- January: Beginning the second week of the month and avoiding MLK weekend.
- February: All month.
- March: The first two weeks before Spring Break begins.
- May: All month.
- June: The first week before Summer Break begins.
- September: All month after Labor Day weekend.
- October: All month.
- November: The first two weeks before Thanksgiving Break begins.
- December: The first two weeks of the month before Christmas Break begins.
WORST TIMES OF THE YEAR TO VISIT DISNEYLAND
- January: The week of New Year's Day and MLK weekend. We especially recommend avoiding New Year's Day.
- March: The last two weeks of the month which kicks off Spring Break.
- April: A large number of schools are on Spring Break all month creating a lot of crowding.
- June: The first three weeks begin Summer Break for many schools. around the country, kicking off the continually busy Summer season.
- July: Most of the USA is deep into Summer Break at this point bringing many families to the parks. We recommend especially avoiding the 4th of July weekend.
- August: The first two weeks of the month are particularly busy as Summer Break is still in effect. Crowds begin to moderate substantially in the last two weeks of the month.
- September: Labor Day weekend is extremely busy and should be avoided if possible.
- November: Thanksgiving week is another extremely popular time and we recommend generally avoiding this time of year.
- December: The week of Christmas and the week following Christmas leading into New Year's Eve is one of the busiest times of the year at Disneyland.
Is Disneyland Busy In March?
March begins with relatively moderate crowds during the first week with a substantial increase in business each week further we get into the month.
Spring Break around the country is staggered throughout March and April with varying start times depending on each regional area.
Mid-March until Mid-April sees the most overlap in terms of schools on break so this period will be the busiest during Spring Break time.
If your schedule is flexible then we recommend planning your trip to Disneyland and California Adventure during the first week of March if at all possible.
Otherwise, you'll experience higher-than-average crowd levels as well as some of the busiest weeks of the year when we get to the last week of March and into April.
While these weeks in March don't compare to holiday travel like Christmas and New Year's, it's a very popular time to visit Disneyland so you should expect the parks to be quite busy.
Weekends will be exceptionally busy with a mix of California locals visiting the parks for a weekend trip and the Spring Break crowds only amplifying the busyness of Disneyland and California Adventure.
Anticipate wait times of many attractions to be 45 minutes or longer throughout the day with some of the most popular and newer attractions having waits of 100 minutes or longer!
The first week of March isn't too busy and about average in terms of crowds at Disneyland and California Adventure, however, later in the month you'll see a significant pickup in wait times and the number of people at the parks!
March Busy Scale: 7/10