Can You Make Your Own Wand At Universal Studios? | Simply Explained
With dozens of different wands available at Universal Studios as well as a variety of different locations to purchase a wand you might be wondering if you can make your very own want at Universal Studios.
In this guide we'll explain what types of wands are available and if you can make your own wand while visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
Questions We'll Answer About Wands At Universal Studios:
- Can you make your own wand at Universal Studios?
- What types of wands are available to purchase?
- Where can you buy wands?
- Wand discounts and deals!
Can you make your own wand at Universal Studios?
At this time you cannot make your own wand at Universal Studios.
The good news is there are dozens and dozens of different wands available, so more than likely you'll be able to find your perfect wand regardless.
In the section below we detail the different types of wands available to purchase!
What types of wands are available to purchase?
There are three major types of wands available to purchase at Universal Studios.
There are also Wand Collections which is a set of wands that come with a decorative display stand - this is a great option if you're looking to purchase more than one wand.
Character Wands: These wands are replicas of the wands used by the iconic characters from the Harry Potter films.
There are dozens of character wands available and some of the most popular wands include: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Albus Dumbledore, Lord Voldemort, Deatheaters, Bellatrix Lestrange and Sirius Black.
Ollivander's Wands: Ollivander's Wands are less iconic wands which are designed to draw inspiration from the materials they are "built from". These include woods like oak, cedar and interior components like phoenix feathers and unicorn hairs.
These wands will looks a bit less extravagant than the character wands, but these wands are slightly cheaper and still come in interactive forms.
Collectors Edition Wands: Collectors Edition Wands are released each year which an exclusive design.
Typically only one Collectors Edition wand is released a year and in very limited quantities.
These wands are often highly sought after, come in very unique designs and are the most expensive of any individual wands.
Wand Collections: Wand Collections are a set of wands (2 or more) that come with a decorative stand or display piece. These collections typically have a theme (e.g. Weasley family wands) that explain why the wands have been grouped together. The collection of wands typically aren't sold at much of a discount as opposed to buying them individually because of the display piece which adds value to the package.
Where can you buy wands?
Below is a brief overview of some of the most popular locations to purchase a wand. You can also learn more about where you can purchase a wand in our guide here!
- Ollivanders Wand Shop in Diagon Alley: This is the iconic location where Harry Potter bought his first wand as seen in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone movie.
- Ollivanders Wand Shop in Hogsmeade Village: This is a "branch" of the famous Ollivanders Wand Shop in Diagon Alley. While this location does not exist in the films or books it's also nearly identical to the Ollivanders seen in the Harry Potter films.
- Wand Carts: Wand carts can be found throughout Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade Village. They are a quick and easy way to quickly purchase a wand!
- Universal Studios Store: Another quick way to purchase a wand and you don't even need to step foot inside Universal Studios. The Universal Studios Store can be found at CityWalk in Orlando and CityWalk Hollywood.
- Amazon: There are also a variety of wands available on Amazon that are authentic to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. These wands are typically cheaper, but not available with interactive features.
Wand discounts and deals
Discounts on wands vary greatly throughout the year and sometimes change on a weekly basis.
- Free regular wand with purchase of $250 Universal gift card
- 10% off for Universal Annual Passholders
LEARN MORE ABOUT WANDS AT UNIVERSAL STUDIOS!