Gatorland Screamin Gator Zip Line | Simply Explained
If You Only Do 1 Zipline in Orlando, Do This One
What Makes This Zipline Unique | Features
A lot of ziplines go in a straight line through the duration of the ride and end in under 1 minute.
This zipline ride navigates tower to tower to different checkpoints as you slowly are introduced to wildlife, longer distances, and higher altitudes. This means that at the beginning you will be ziplining over small buildings, and by the end of the ride you'll be ziplining over the alligator breeding marsh, which contains 100+ gators.
This provides a nice change of pace, incrementally upping the difficulty and sights rather than jumping straight into it.
This zipline ride also contains a swinging/suspension bridge where you will use your balance to walk to the other side!
Duration - 2 hours.
Who Does This? Why Do This?
Face Your Fears!
Are you afraid of heights? Are you afraid of reptiles that are so ferocious and adaptable that they've been around for 200 million years? Well.. don't worry so is everyone else. If you're looking to finally conquer your fears, there is no better place to do it than here in Orlando.
Take Fantastic Social Media Pictures
Do you want to spice up your Instagram profile with pictures that few others will ever be able to post? You'll be able to have someone take some breathtaking pictures as you zipline over 100+ alligators.
Bond with your group through this adrenaline pumping experience, as only those who have done this ride will know what you are feeling!
The Entire Zipline Process
We've outlined the zipline ride process below.
- Get buckled up. Receive and strap on your harness & helmet
- Receive a brief safety and orientation session
- Begin the walk to the tower
- Take a picture with your group in front of Screaming Gator Zipline sign
- Climb up the stairs to the tower with your group
- Arrive at the top - a sign will welcome you
- Your Tour Guide will go over instructions once more and buckle you up
- Follow instructions and begin your zipline ride!
- You will be hooked then unhooked, and back to hooked as you arrive to every tower (5 ziplines).
Some things to note -
-The first few ziplines rides you will be connecting to towers while having no wildlife underneath you. As you get further and further into the ride, you will slowly but surely begin ziplining over gators and giant crocs.
-You will go both forward and backwards throughout your zipline ride.
-In the final zipline you will be able to race against another rider!
-If you have any questions feel free to ask your experienced and knowledgable zip line guide.
- Closed toe shoes must be worn
- There is no age however riders must have a height of at least 37" and weight equaling under 275 lbs
- No skirts or dresses
- Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Lockers Available?
Secure lockers are available to store your belongings.
Where is the Screamin Gator Zipline Located?
In the back center of the Gatorland park.